Flows inside the cylindrical container in Realflow

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Ekaterina Ахмерова

Flows inside the cylindrical container in Realflow

Post by Ekaterina Ахмерова » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Hi guys!

My name is Katerina and I ask you to help me, please :-)

1. There is a big, wide and not tall cylinder in the scene. I need to make a transparent liquid in it - I need to make small suspended particles of liquid, slowly moving in the cylinder. I need not only the liquid surface, but the motion of particles inside the liquid, it is important to me.

How can I make that? Is the liquid filling the tank, and ready to react actively? I ask you to help, I'm new to realflow and now I can not get for several days what I need.

2. "Flow from nowhere." The suspended particles of liquid in a large volume of the cylinder are placed uniformly.
0)There is no gradient of pronounced density transitions.
1)Next we see how several particles are captured by slow motion;
2) heavier particles are collected together and form high-density particles flow regions.
3)And these zones become visible as flow, which falls into the iron funnel.

How can I make that?

Many thanks to all who help the new girl and +1000 in your karma :-)

Thomas Schlick

Re: Flows inside the cylindrical container in Realflow

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Katerina and welcome on board.

Both tasks call for a "Filter" daemon. This way it's possible to separate particles and assign different properties to them or let daemons act on them individually. The basic mode of operation is not too difficult:

1. Choose source and target domain
2. Set a condition, e.g. speed, age or whatever ;)
3. Set an attribute, like "greater than"
4. Set a threshold value, e.g. 2.5

Together this means something like that: if source particle's speed is greater than 2.5 shift the particle to the target domain.
Once you have separared the particles they can be meshed, shaded and rendered individually.

To the second case:

0) Fill the object with the "Fill" emitter to get a grid of particles, or fill it gradually with any other emitter and let the the particles settle. In the first case, the particles will collapse under the the influence of gravity. If you don't have gravity they'll move anyway due to the forces between the particles. You can also add an animated noise field daemon to disturb the particles slowly over time.
1) Filter the particles and shift them to a second domain with lower density.
2) The density differences will create these flow regions. With surface tension you can even create bubble-like structures.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Thomas

Ekaterina Ахмерова

Post by Ekaterina Ахмерова » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 am

Thank you very much and all the best to you for such an early reply! The universe helps you!

How to make a precipitate on the tank bottom? the precipitate is black. It is necessary to make so, what "precipitate" on the tank bottom would dissolve as though on layers, as a gradient? First, the "top layer" would become more transparent, then the "middle layer" would become more transparent and "then the lower layer"?

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Hmmm... Good question. I'd write a Python script, but you should first try with the filter daemon as well and check against the Position.Y (or Z - depends on your axis setup). With the daemon's randomness features you can pick out some individual particles every frame. You can also stack several bounded filter daemons to create zones with different particle amounts: at the bottom more particles will be filtered, and then gradually less and less.