Dyverso Rigids, intial velocity

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Orlando Esponda

Dyverso Rigids, intial velocity

Post by Orlando Esponda » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:55 am

Hello,

I've been learning a lot these days, so please bear with me for the many questions I've been asking. This time I was wondering if there's a way to set initial velocities to Dyverso Rigids (in conjunction with Particle Skinner). I'm interested in both, linear and angular initial velocities. Ideally I would want to set them directly in RealFlow, but if this is not possible, maybe bringing the objects with animation and use their point velocities to set this initial state.

Is this possible? I searched the documentation but couldn't find anything.

Orlando.

Thomas Schlick

Re: Dyverso Rigids, intial velocity

Post by Thomas Schlick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 am

No, that's not possible. The skinner daemon doesn't have appropriate settings for that and speed is controlled via the rigid/elastic domain. The skinner does nothing more than transferring the particles' velocity and position data to an object's vertices.
...maybe bringing the objects with animation and use their point velocities to set this initial state.
This is something I've never tested, but I don't think that it'll be working. Any existing velocity information will be overwritten by the skinner. But, as said, I've never tested that, so feel free to check it out. Of course it depends on your scene, but maybe RF's Caronte RBD/SBD solver is an option for you? There you can set initial velocities.

Cheers,
Thomas