Dyverso Rigid objects: keeping them glued?

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Orlando Esponda

Dyverso Rigid objects: keeping them glued?

Post by Orlando Esponda » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:44 am

Hi,

Is there a way to keep Dyverso rigid objects glued? I'm working on a scene where I have a prefractured object (let's say a glass), and imported it as individual pieces. I added all of those pieces to a particle skinner. The glass is floating on the air, and want it to fall due to gravity and split apart only when it touches the ground. I must say it also have fluid inside (let's say water).

So when I simulate it starts falling but all of the pieces start spreading apart instead of staying glued. I've been looking for a way to control this "constraint" but haven't found anything yet. Something similar to houdini's glue constraint maybe.

I'm using Dyverso and not Caronte because it has serious problems with Dyverso interactions: I have tried in the past to mix them both and the result always has been the rigid body objects spinning like crazy whenever some particles touch them. In this same forum the advice was to use Dyverso rigid solver instead, but not having the ability to glue certain objects would be a show stopper.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Any help would be really appreciated.

Orlando

Thomas Schlick

Re: Dyverso Rigid objects: keeping them glued?

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:11 am

Sorry, but unfortunately Dyverso rigids don't have external constraints at the moment. It's on our roadmap, but that won't help you right now.

What if you do a Caronte simulation without fluids, save it as an SD, and re-import this SD into a new project where you do the fluid simulation? You can import the baked SD as a MultiBody to speed up things and keep your nodes panel clean. Could that be an option for you? In most cases you won't see any difference between a simulation where all elements interact at the same time, or when you work with RBD caches. But finally this depends on your scene.