Layered liquid (Dyverso PBD&SPH)

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
duke3d

Layered liquid (Dyverso PBD&SPH)

Post by duke3d » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:36 pm

I was working on pretty simple simulation and found very strange thing happening. After I built mesh I noticed this
Dyverso_01.jpg
Of course if I smooth the mesh it looks better, but it has no details at all.
I checked particles and noticed this
Dyverso_02.jpg
I tried Dyverso SPH particles. Looks the same. I created a different project and created similar size box. Created a thing layer of liquid with Dyverso PBD (SPH as well) particles. I got similar layered liquid.

My project looks like this
Dyverso_03.jpg
Looks pretty good, but when the mesh is built it looks really bad.
Have anyone had similar problem? Any ideas how to eliminate that layers?

Thank you,
Andrey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Schlick

Re: Layered liquid (Dyverso PBD&SPH)

Post by Thomas Schlick » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm

It's a known issue. This layer effect is by design and occurs only in conjunction with fluid-object interaction. If I recall correctly it's the result of our attempts to reduce the pumping and sloshing effects while fluid are settling. It's there for several years now. There are several suggestions to suppress this effect, but non of them does really work - at least not to an extend that the effect vanishes completely. I think one method is to increase roughness and it's something you should definitely try.

I'll also ask our developers if they have more ideas. You can also do a search on the unofficial RF forum, because this issue has been discussed there as well. Maybe you'll find some of the tips/workarounds I've mentioned above. It's been a while since I read them and I don't remember them anymore, so please bear with me.

http://realflowforum.com/