Looking for best workflow to create slow river

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
Rob Holmes

Looking for best workflow to create slow river

Post by Rob Holmes » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm new to Realflow and am still wrapping my head around the differences between Dyverso, Hybrido, etc. I have a project I can use it on which has a slow, wide river. The river is about 700m long and 100m wide in the Max scene. It's a slow and lazy river that does a few turns, like a river through a farm that you might fish in or lazily float on in an inner tube.

I can't figure out the best way to simulate this. With Realwave I get ocean looking rolling waves that go in one direction and don't turn as the river turns. With Dyverso I can't get it to fill a custom object container that I'm using for the river. The particles will only stick to the sides and not fill it even with 'shell' enabled. With Hybrido, it fills but I can't figure out how to make the small surface ripples that you get with a river and current. I need to show slower current against the banks and faster current in the center of the river. Again, it's a slow river and not whitewater, so the current will be subtle and just twinkle in the sunlight.

The surface of the river you see in the attachment is just a V-Ray texture with noise. It's the look I want. I can animate that noise and sort of get what I need but later in the animation I'm creating the river will have some obstructions in it. I need to have water flow around those and is why I'm looking to do it with Realflow.

Any suggestions for a workflow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RealFlow 10, 3ds Max 2020, ASUS Z10PE-D8WS Motherboard,
Xeon E5-2650-V3 Dual Processor, Dual Hydro H80i CPU Chiller, 64 GB DDR4 Ram,
NVidia RTX 2080 Ti, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 10 10586, Dual Monitor, Cintiq 13HD