Installing in Linux

Post here anything related to RealFlow that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below
izo

Installing in Linux

Post by izo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Hello everyone,
I asked this question to nextlimit in the customer support but I wanted to check as well if someone here has experience from installing in Linux...

I've been looking to move more and more of my workflow into linux and I've arrived at installing realflow but it's a little hard to find any documentation.

It basically says "after installing the executables are in the bin-folder" which isn't quite enough to run the software.
I managed to figure out that I need a c-shell but still when I load it and try to run RF it can't find the libraries that are included in the lib-folder.

What do I need to do to remedy that? I read about modifying the ".profile" file (I'm in ubuntu) in the home-folder but I don't think I have it quite right, can you provide assistance?

The error I get is:
omegaweapon:/usr/local/bin/realflow/bin> tcsh realflow
strings: 'lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6': No such file
/usr/local/bin/realflow/bin/realflow.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libglut.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance