RealFlow can't get a license from license manager

Post here anything related to RealFlow Connect that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below.
rfDynamics

RealFlow can't get a license from license manager

Post by rfDynamics » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:25 am

I'm running Realflow 2013 Standard on a single Win7-64 box.

I'd originally installed my RealFlow 2013 license locally (tools -> licenses).

I wanted to try the Lightwave RFRK, so I installed both the RealFlow and RFRK licenses into the manager, and both licenses show up as available and unused in Telnet and Firefox port 2226.

However, when I start RealFlow after removing my local license, even though the license manager is running, it cant find a license from the manager (and it won't work with the local license with the license manager running - so it doesn't seem to have a problem finding it).

I've tried running Realflow as an admin, no luck.

I'm the tru admin on Win7, I do have UAC installed, I do have the firewall up (but that doesn't seem to be an issue if Firefox can see the license manager).

What obvious step am I missing?

BTW - I was able to install the RFRK and get the RFRK plug-in installed in Lightwave, but didn't see any actual instructions on how to use the plug-in? Am I missing some docs?

rfDynamics

Re: RealFlow can't get a license from license manager

Post by rfDynamics » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Resolved issue by:

In order for RF GUI to pick up the license from the LM, you have to add the following env var 'RF_GUI_USE_LICENSE_MANAGER=1'

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf ... g+RealFlow

LuisMiguel

Re: RealFlow can't get a license from license manager

Post by LuisMiguel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi,

Yeah, that is the way. Remember you can set the variable to 'RF_GUI_USE_LICENSE_MANAGER=0' if you want to use the license as local.

luisM.