LM is running, still no render.

Post here anything related to RealFlow Connect that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below.
izo

LM is running, still no render.

Post by izo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey guys,

So for all these years I've never really gotten around to using the RFRK so I wanted to remedy that now but...

Installed the rfrk-maya-osx-2013.0.1.7, and the license manager, added my license and made sure via my browser that lm is running and license is available.
In maya 2013, the plugin is loaded, i made an rfrk-mesher, I see particles in the viewport but nothing in the render with mental ray. I click on show mesh under the display rollout, i get an error saying "// Error: Cannot generate RFRK preview mesh."

I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and I don't have a firewall running.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
/D

LuisMiguel

Re: LM is running, still no render.

Post by LuisMiguel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:43 am

Hi izo,

what name do you have for the particles sequence you are loading?

Let me know.

luisM.

izo

Post by izo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:57 am

Hey Luis,

Thanks for your reply,
In this case it's "Fill_Object01_00000.bin" That's the rf-default I think?

Does it look for any specific naming convention?

Cheers / David

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey,

But you ar enot trying to render the frame 0, right?. frame 0 has not any info to render. About the name, it seems correct and it should be render without any problem. Could you send me the Maya scene to check out here?

Thanks

luisM.

izo

Post by izo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks for your input Luis,

I was trying to render another frame but just copied the name from the attribute editor. Actually there was particle-previs visible in the viewport for the entire animation.

I realised today it was working, both visualising the mesh and rendering, I reinstalled my system earlier this week. So somehow it's been resolved.

Not sure what it was but hope it doesn't break again because it's not every day I reinstall :)

Cheers /David