Realflow for Cinema4D - Slowmotion?

Post here anything related to RealFlow Connect that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below.
hanflr

Realflow for Cinema4D - Slowmotion?

Post by hanflr » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 pm

I know it's the wrong section, but I can't post in the Cinema4D Section.

I'm currently trying out the new Realflow demo for Cinema4D. Does anybody know, if it's possible to achieve a slow motion effect without changing the gravity value? I tried the "Time Scale" parameter in the Realflow Scene Object, but the results look completely different. The Time Scale Parameter in the project settings doesn't affect the stimulation.

Many thanks in advance!

tsn

Re: Realflow for Cinema4D - Slowmotion?

Post by tsn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Don't worry about posting to this section ;)

To get a slow motion effect you only have to open C4D's scene preferences (Ctrl/Cmd + D) and change the FPS rate to a higher value. Then you simulate and render the scene. Playback and previews are done using the standard fps rate, e.g 24 or 30. That's all.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies

hanflr

Post by hanflr » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I tried this, but it didn't work very well..

I have a simple setup with a square emitter inside an open cube as an bowl. I created an initial state, so the fluid doesn't move.
Then I have a second Fill Emitter, which fills a sphere and the fluid sphere falls inside the bowl.
As daemons I used the Crown and the Gravity Daemon.

If I cache the simulation with 25 fps in the project, it looks correct. If I try 100 or 50 fps in the render settings the Sphere falls down as it should, but the the fluid from the square emitter is rising up and when the sphere drops into it is going down, which looks very weird.

tsn

Post by tsn » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:07 am

I've tested your setup and I see what you mean. Fortunately this can be fixed easily: you've mentioned that you've created an initial state to let the particles settle and calm down. Just repeat this process at the final frame rate, e.g. 100, and create the initial state again. Then add the fill emitter and simulate. You'll see that the fluids behaves correctly now.
Thomas Schlick | Next Limit Technologies