RFRK License manager issues once again!

Post here anything related to RealFlow Connect that doesn't specifically belong in any of the forums below.
Richard

RFRK License manager issues once again!

Post by Richard » Fri May 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello again!

So I am trying to get everything moved over to my new computer and now I am having issues with the medieval license manager.. I have made sure to uninstall realflow and all the components including the license manager on my other computer before installing it on the new computer.

After installing RFRK V2 and the license manager on the new machine, it seems to be having trouble with my license text file, I will get an error of Invalid license!

I have copied over the exact same RFRK license text file from my old computer so I know this should be working, so I must be doing something wrong. I have placed my text file containing the license information emailed to me by Next Limit in the same directory as the license manager, then open my command window running as admin, then I get to the correct path to use license manager commands. I would like to add here that it is a bit confusing when you toss in the -s command and then the -v command and it says it is installed and running, this leads to some false belief that everything is hunky dory....

the exact command I have been trying is this:
nl_license_manager -a c:\Program Files (x86)\Next Limit\Licence Manager\RFRK_License.txt

this should work yes? and the path is misspelled on the word "licence" which I have mentioned before.
I do pray to the next limit team to make this part of RealFlow 2013 a whole lot less painful!!!!!please!!

EDIT: Moving the text file containing the license information to another location then trying t his again worked.. problem solved.

LuisMiguel

Re: RFRK License manager issues once again!

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 am

Hey,

That command should be working.

nl_license_manager -a c:\Program Files (x86)\Next Limit\Licence Manager\RFRK_License.txt

If it worked moving the file to another location, it seems be a permission issue. What kind of windows do you have? 7/8 or vista?

luisM.

Richard

Re: RFRK License manager issues once again!

Post by Richard » Mon May 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Windows 7 ultimate, I would not dare touch Windows 8, they should have left that for the tablets! :shock: