Alembic RF meshes and 3DS Max with VRay...

gregory@sub-pixel.com

Alembic RF meshes and 3DS Max with VRay...

Post by gregory@sub-pixel.com » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm

So, i can load Alembic meshes from RealFlow in to 3DS Max 2014, using the VRay Proxy mesh.
But, it seems that i can't render them with motion blur.

According to VRay's manual regarding Alembic support through VRay Proxy, there should be a separate file along with the Alembic mesh that describes the velocitiy of the mesh:
"V-Ray will recognize velocity information for motion blur if it stored either as standard Alembic velocity, or as a 3d vector array property called arbGeom.v or arbGeom.velocities."
Most likely this problem is on VRay's end, but getting a separate velocity file per alembic mesh from RealFlow wouldn't hurt either, would it?
Any thoughts or insights about this?

Cheers,
Greg

LuisMiguel

Re: Alembic RF meshes and 3DS Max with VRay...

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 am

Hey Greg,

do you have an Alembic file to check here with this problem?. I was trying here with a simple sphere and it seems to be working.

luisM.

gregory@sub-pixel.com

Re: Alembic RF meshes and 3DS Max with VRay...

Post by gregory@sub-pixel.com » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 pm

LuisMiguel wrote:Hey Greg,

do you have an Alembic file to check here with this problem?. I was trying here with a simple sphere and it seems to be working.

luisM.
Well...
I deleted all Alembic meshes from RF to save some space and kept the BIN meshes, since motion blur was working for them; I'll create a couple later today and send them to you...