when i import *.rpc particles, i cannot see attributes.

JI YOUNG LEE

when i import *.rpc particles, i cannot see attributes.

Post by JI YOUNG LEE » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 am

when i import realflow particles into maya,i remember there was RF_****** kind of PP attributes, so i used it for shading.
but now i have realflow 10.12 and using maya 2018.2 and RFconnectivity 6.0.1.3, i cannot find any RF_***** attributes.
i tried hybrido and dyverso particles, and both exported rpc files show no additional attributes.
is there any other way to use realflow attributes like age or vorticity in maya?
of cause all attributes are checked before export to rpc files.

and when i make *.bin mesh from hybrido, is there way to import attributes data into maya colorSet ? so renderer can read vertex color and use it for shading.

Thomas Schlick

Re: when i import *.rpc particles, i cannot see attributes.

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:16 am

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not on Maya, but I'll try to find out what's going there. Did it work in Maya 2017? Or did the problems start with the new RFConnect version?
and when i make *.bin mesh from hybrido, is there way to import attributes data into maya colorSet ? so renderer can read vertex color and use it for shading.
Not sure if RFConnect | Maya still supports BIN files, and I'll try to find out too.

JI YOUNG LEE

Post by JI YOUNG LEE » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:09 am

thanks for reply :)

i tried *.bin for particle too. but it also looks same. there are no additional attributes in nParticle. currently our company using maya 2018 so i don't have a chance to try in maya 2017. but when i tried in maya 2015, there are no additional attributes too.
i remember there was RF_***** attribute in legacy maya particle. but now RF_connectivity using nParticle system and i cannot find additional attributes.

and i'm still using *.bin mesh for mesh export. because maya is not supporting *.abc sequence and file can be too large for stitching and renderer cannot detect motionblur from exported *.abc mesh.

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi again,

Unfortunately I have bad news for you: channels really don't work in RFConnect|Maya. I wasn't able to find out the reason, but it's definitely a show stopper.

I hope that this issue will be resolved asap, because it makes the simulation data pretty useless if it can't be rendered correctly. The only workaround I can think of is to load an abc sequence through a MEL or Pythong script. I did something very similar for Clarisse and it worked well. But this requires some scripting knowledge at least.

Another thing you might want to try is to participate in the open Beta (= free) program for the upcoming RF|Maya plugin. This plugin is able to read ABC particle and mesh files and provides channels. Maybe you'll be abel to import the ABC meshes via this plugin or mesh the ABC particle files? Definitely worth trying.

Please bear with me. I'm only the conveyor of news :cry:

JI YOUNG LEE

Post by JI YOUNG LEE » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:30 am

thanks for reply again:)
i thought i was missing something in using realflow.
i am really satisfied using realflow so i hope this issue can be solved ASAP.
so should i report this as bug? or they know about this issue.

and i'll try beta program :)

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Sorry for the latr reply. I was out of the office last week.

No need to send a bug report. We're aware of this issue, but thanks anyway ;)

JI YOUNG LEE

Post by JI YOUNG LEE » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 am

well... it's been about 4 month since i posted this thread.
but i cannot see any update about RF connectivity plugin yet. and still have limitation in rendering RF particles and
mesh. so can i have some answer please?