Cinema 4D Plugin Problems

kurasdan

Cinema 4D Plugin Problems

Post by kurasdan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm an RF5 newbie having problems with the C4D plugin. I've created the simple C4D scene shown in the attachment. In C4D the scene appears and animates as expected. I then attempt to export the scene to RF5 using the C4D plugin downloaded from the Next Limit site. Instead of the the export SD properties window, a second windows desktop appears in the upper left corner of C4D. This untoward behavior occurs until I remove the C4D RANDOM effector. I then export the file without the random effector and import it into RF 5. The file apparently loads but RF5 complains about degenerate objects and shows nothing in the node panel. I previously had a similar problem with a C4D scene containing a shader. In that case, removing the shader corrected the problem, allowing me to perform an RF5 simulation on the scene. All C4D objects are triangulated. Both problems have been reported to Next Limit technical support, but they have yet to provide a solution or a work-around.

I can't believe I'm the only C4D user in the world having this problem. Do any of you have a solution or a work-around? I'm running both C4D R12 and RF5 as 64-bit applications under 64-bit Windows 7 Professional, fully up to date. The computer is equipped with an Intel Quad-Core processor, 8 GB RAM, nVidea Quadro FX 1800 graphics card with up to date driver, and over 500 GB of free disk space. I'm also running Norton 360 v5, but deactivating it causes no change in the problem's behavior.

Thanks,
Dan Kuras
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LuisMiguel

Re: Cinema 4D Plugin Problems

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:55 am

Hi,

I tried the scene and I can export from cinema and import to Rf the mesh without problems. I selected the object and click on to export to Sd. Then, make sure you have checked the object in the left column and add it to the right column. Select export it as Matrix and put from frame 0 to 0 if ti is only one frame. Next, try to import it in RF5.

Let me know if it works.

luisM.