animated shape does not load to RF 2012

lothar.mai@maicats.de

animated shape does not load to RF 2012

Post by lothar.mai@maicats.de » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi,

I´m absolute new to this stuff and just did some first steps after watching some tutorials.
What I tried:
I make a hemisphere within cinema, extrude faces to get some depth and triangulate all faces.
Now I make an animation, just animating pitch to get the hemisphere turn to drop it´s fluid I´d planed to create within Real Flow 2012.
I export the hemisphere by SD plugin from Cinema.
When I load this into RealFlow 2012, I get the hemisphere upside down and nothing turns within pitch.

What is wrong with this procedure - or is it a limitation that animated object cannot be imported ?

best regards
Lothar

FlorianK

Re: animated shape does not load to RF 2012

Post by FlorianK » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm not a Cinema user, so I might be wrong- anyway, make sure to check Export Deformation (or whatever its Cinema derivative is called) to make sure Mesh deformation will also be exported to Realflow.

lothar.mai@maicats.de

Re: animated shape does not load to RF 2012

Post by lothar.mai@maicats.de » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 pm

FlorianK wrote:I'm not a Cinema user, so I might be wrong- anyway, make sure to check Export Deformation (or whatever its Cinema derivative is called) to make sure Mesh deformation will also be exported to Realflow.
Sorry, there is no such option within the exporter - only start frame and end frame. And it in no mesh deformation involved, just a pitch change over time for the object.

best regards
Lothar