Update: RFConnect Plugins for LW 2018

Thomas Schlick

Update: RFConnect Plugins for LW 2018

Post by Thomas Schlick » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 am

We've updated the RFConnect plugins suite for use with Lightwave 2018. You can download the plugins from your account in the customer portal (version 6.0.0.2). Please note that this version is a compatibility update and no new features have been added.

Ricardo Franco

Re: Update: RFConnect Plugins for LW 2018

Post by Ricardo Franco » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 am

Hello!

Much appreciated, than you for connectivity 2018 compatibility update, just one thing, i did some tests and the surface textures on lw2015 are working great with mesh importer, but in the 2018 compatibility update it just resets the surface of the object even when only hitting F9 in the resurfaced frame, also tested the custom surface check box, and it's not working, it just resets anyway. Please can you check on it?

With particle importer, the new volumetric shapes works great, still haven check instancing for particles.

Thank you again! Real flow it's awesome looking forward to unleash it's full potential in lightwave!

D.C.G. Ricardo Franco Paz y Puente
CG Artist

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks for your feedback. I'll tell our developers, but please also bear in mind that RFConenct | LW is no longer under active developement. I understand that you, as an active LW user, might have a different view, but we've experienced that there's hardly any demand for the LW plugin anymore. That's why we've decided to provide pure compatibility updates only.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you :(

Ricardo Franco

Post by Ricardo Franco » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello!

Thanks Thomas for the reply, yeah was looking only for the compatibility of the surfaces for mesh importer no rush, i have used real flow before at work, but was just until few months back that got it for personal use with lightwave.

I have tested instances and they work great in 2018 with RF particles, i think it's only the surface in mesh importer that keeps resting, will be testing other stuff in the week, depends on work schedule. Hoping that also lightwave updates .abc support for that kind of meshes.

Thanks again!

D.C.G Ricardo Franco Paz y Puente
CG Artist

Dirk van Sloten

Post by Dirk van Sloten » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Ricardo,

Did this get fixed for you? Because I'm still having the same issue.
Old version of LW I have no problems with the surface materials. (lw 11.6)
But in the 2018 (update 4) I'm having the same issue you're describing.
This is a shame because I'm actually really digging the new render engine in LW 2018.
The issue is the same on Mac and Windows.

Ricardo Franco

Post by Ricardo Franco » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 am

Hey Dirk:

Sorry for the late answer, haven't check the forum in a while, for your question, no, surfacing hasn't been fixed, still waiting for the fix, i regret spending in real flow last year, no support for Lightwave was a big let down, was just a bad investment, i hope they update it later, if not, well it's hello Houdini Flip etc.

Sorry again for the bad news.

Dirk van Sloten

Post by Dirk van Sloten » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi. I never got a notification that you replied. So, my turn to apologize for the late reply.
I'll make sure to check to "notify me" button now. :)

Yes, this is really terrible. This was supposed to be a compatibility update (no new features), but it offers no compatibility with LW 2018.

And no update has been made. So as far as I know, this still won't work.
I agree, it was a bad investment for me, too.