Particle export crashing in LW Plugin

Borgu

Particle export crashing in LW Plugin

Post by Borgu » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Just picked up RF 2014. I'm running into the same problem I was having in RF 2013...exporting particles from the Lightwave plugin.

In this case, I simulated the Hybrido Bubbles simulation from the example Realflow scenes. My workflow is to load the foam or splash particles into Lightwave using the plugin and then re-export them using the plugin as .bin files so Modo can read them. Nine out of 10 times trying to re-export the particles crashes Lightwave. It works sometimes but I can't find a pattern or set of steps to get it to work consistently. This was happening in RF 2013 as well.

P.S. using the latest Lightwave plugin version 1.50

LuisMiguel

Re: Particle export crashing in LW Plugin

Post by LuisMiguel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 pm

Hey,

Do you have a ligtwave scene with a couple of particles files to send me?.

Thanks.

luisM.

Borgu

Post by Borgu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:06 pm

I started to package up some examples from the current scene I am trying to simulate but the particle files are too large (936 meg for five frames). I think to really test the problem I would have to send you 10 seconds or though of simulation data which would be massive.

This issue of trying to export particles is happening every time I try to export imported splash or foam data. It seems to be tied to the length of the simulation or the size of the particle file.

To test it I'd recommend taking any splash or foam simulation data you guys have lying around on a 10 second animation. Import it into Lightwave using the plugin and then try to re-export it as .bin files from the plugin. In my experience it almost always crashes Lightwave (in RF2013 and RF2014).

LuisMiguel

Post by LuisMiguel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:31 am

Hey,

I'm checking it with our plugin developer to know what is happening. I'll let you know.

luisM.