Standard Particle Mesh Suface Properties

Oldcode

Standard Particle Mesh Suface Properties

Post by Oldcode » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi,

I'm using RF with Lightwave. I have created a scene with a Standard Particle Mesh. When I bring the mesh into Lightwave, I am unable to change the surface features, color, texture, transparency, bump maps, etc.

From what I've been able to find in the user's manual and the Lightwave Plug In manual, I'm supposed to change the surface of the mesh in Real Flow itself, and/or I'm supposed to use or create a *.srf file.

"For keeping the surface settings between the frames, the plug-in writes and reads a .srf surface file to the Object Folder in each
iteration. A Custom Surface file can be set for the mesh."

I did find a *.srf file in the project folder, but I do not know how it was created and how to change the parameters to get the mesh to look the way I want. I have combed the user's manual and have found nothing useful.

Please help if you can,

Thank you,

Oldcode

Re: Standard Particle Mesh Suface Properties

Post by Oldcode » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:50 am

Okay! I found a solution to the surfacing problem. The answer is to create your surface file and save it, naming is you like. When you create your mesh, have RF create *.lwo objects. Then use the attached surface utility to apply your new surface file onto all the object in the mesh folders. Here's the readme file.

SURFREP : Surface Replacer (for Lightwave users)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

SURFREP is a Windows utility that replaces the surface properties
of every LWO object in a sequence. Sequences should be of type
namexxx.lwo (where xxx is the frame number).

SURFREP is useful to handle LWO sequences generated with RealFlow or
RealWave.

1. Click "Input Sequence" and choose any LWO object in a sequence.
2. Click "New surface file" and choose a SRF file
3. Click "Output Sequence" and write a new name for the sequence.
4. Click "Proceed"

Note: Do not use a surface without "smoothing".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.