Control and manage your RealFlow Nodes
Shinya Akasaki

Re: Network Simulation question

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am

I have PM the log. Thank you

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks for the log. It was very helpful. You're doing a mesh job, not a simulation:

D:\Program Files\Next Limit\RealFlow 10\realflownode.exe -range 0 120 -reset -mesh -idoc

This means that RF doesn't simulate, but only reads the existing particle files you've already created before. And this is the reason why your particle files stop at frame 40, but meshing goes on till frame 120. You can see in the screenshot you've sent me that all mesh files beyond frame 40 are empty - they just have 3 kB.

So, my guess is that you've created the network job manually through the web interface and activated the "Mesh" option. This is only necessary if you want to create meshes without simulating. In your case you have to uncheck the "Mesh" option and then simulation and meshing will be done together, and your files will go beyond frame 40.

You can also start the network simulation when you click on the IDOCs' "Send to Job Manager" button. Then you don't have to create the job manually.

Shinya Akasaki

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

I tried the Send to job button but my simulation doesnt starts. It only says >[5/December/2017 22:45:44] - CmdSendJob: Done. I am missing something?

Only the web browser way worked, so I kept using it.

Shinya Akasaki

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 pm

After I uncheck Mesh and try simulate(web)
All frames are blank now.

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm

:shock: That's weird, but I still have the impression that it's a matter of settings. What about your particle files? Are they written at all or are they empty as well?

EDIT:
The strange thing is that, when we start the simulation here, everything works perfectly. Could you please remove the IDOCs and try to simulate your scene with the "Send to Job Manager" button/icon in the lower right corner? Let's see if this will work.

Shinya Akasaki

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 am

Thomas Schlick wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm
:shock: That's weird, but I still have the impression that it's a matter of settings. What about your particle files? Are they written at all or are they empty as well?

EDIT:
The strange thing is that, when we start the simulation here, everything works perfectly. Could you please remove the IDOCs and try to simulate your scene with the "Send to Job Manager" button/icon in the lower right corner? Let's see if this will work.

It replaces my local data with blank data. (This was in the middle of simulation, at the end it replaced all my 120frame with blank data)

My web settings

Send to Job Manader with IDOCs removed. Nothing happens only CmdSendJob;Done message

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

This all looks good and I can't see any errors, so I really wonder what's happening there. Thing is that the network job is triggered and started correctly, because it's being simulated. Otherwise you wouldn't even see the empty files. I have to discuss this with the developer of the network feature here. Unfortunately, there's a holiday in Spain today and he's off, but I'll get back to you ASAP. Maybe it's an idea if we do a basic setup for you and you try if it simulates correctly.

I'm pretty sure it's not a big thing, just something we've overseen so far, but I really want to solve this mystery. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shinya Akasaki

Post by Shinya Akasaki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 am

Ok, I will wait for your answer.
Thank you

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Please check your PM ;)

Thomas Schlick

Post by Thomas Schlick » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks for testing the scene. It's starting to become a mystery and I'm running out of ideas what else can be done to get this working. We'll keep you posted here of course.