RenderNode question

Control and manage your RealFlow Nodes
Pinochio

RenderNode question

Post by Pinochio » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi

I´m new to RF. How do i install the rendernnode licenses ? I tried it via the license_manger. I copied all the licenses ( RFRK and RenderNodes ) in one file and start it via license_manger e.g. nl_license_manager -a license_file etc. The RFRK licenses are installed and its ok, but the render node licenses are not running.
Is there a misunderstanding from my side ? Its right to use the license manger to install the render node licenses ?

Best,
Tom

LuisMiguel

Re: RenderNode question

Post by LuisMiguel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi Tom,

If the licenses have been installed correctly you should run the nl_license_manager service. If you are Mac you'll need to do it from the terminal and with administrator privileges.

sudo /Applications/"Next Limit License Manager"/nl_license_manager -t (to kill the service if it is running because you'll that the service is not running when installing the licenses)

sudo /Applications/"Next Limit License Manager"/nl_license_manager -a license.txt (to install the licenses)

sudo /Applications/"Next Limit License Manager"/nl_license_manager -s (to run the service)

luisM.

Pinochio

Post by Pinochio » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you Luis... i will check it later.

But , i don´t understand, that the RFRK-licences are correctly installed and running, but not the rendernode-licences. I will check again, as you described.

In addition i´ve to ask. I´m on Mac, you are right. I want to start the licencemanager and activate the license everytime i boot the machine. So i will put all the steps " sudo ...... " as you described in one scriptfile and integrate it in the startup service . Is that the right way ?

Best,
Tom

Pinochio

Post by Pinochio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Luis

At first thank you for your answer via email/hotline. I tried to reach you via skype, but i had no success. Nevertheless, my problem is solved. All my licenses nodes/RFRK are running now , everthing is ok.
You mentioned the nl_licenses.ini file via mail, that was the key to success. To my opion the documention about installing the licences could be improved in the documentation.

My fault was, that i copied ALL my licences files ( 3 ) into one file and tried everytime to install this via sudo ./nl_license... -a Licensefile etc. ( license manager was installed and stopped). In this case everytime i got the error message that the license file is not correct.

The key was to install every license file individiualy, each after each. Afterwards all the licences are mentioned in the ini-File and i don´t need to install it again via ... -a licensefile.

So i want to say, two information were more than worthful a) there is a ini file and b) my own experience : install each license separatly.

I recommend to mention it in the documentation, perhaps in RF 2013 there is a better method to install the licenses.

Nevertheless thank you for your advice and skype-support-offer :).

Best,
Tom