getNearestPointToObject for vertices

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
jesse nicodemus

getNearestPointToObject for vertices

Post by jesse nicodemus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Can we add getNearestPointToObject for vertices. It is currently only on particles. Seems like this should be an easy thing to add.

gus
Site Admin

Re: getNearestPointToObject for vertices

Post by gus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm

jesse nicodemus wrote:Can we add getNearestPointToObject for vertices. It is currently only on particles. Seems like this should be an easy thing to add.

Hi Jesse,

Noted down for future builds.
Meanwhile, you could get around by using a container with particles on those vertex positions. Should be equally fast.

g-)
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies

jesse nicodemus

Post by jesse nicodemus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm

gus wrote: Hi Jesse,

Noted down for future builds.
Meanwhile, you could get around by using a container with particles on those vertex positions. Should be equally fast.

g-)

Hey Gus,

We can do that and it does work but it seemed prohibitively slow for the way I was trying to use it. I have been trying to help Realwave move toward the surface of hybrido with in a given range so that they dynamically line up a little better. Maybe I'll go back and see if I can build it a little different.

Thanks,

Jesse

gus
Site Admin

Post by gus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

I have been trying to help Realwave move toward the surface of hybrido with in a given range so that they dynamically line up a little better.
Hi Jesse,

If what you are trying is exactly that, the attached graph that Alex just mocaped might be the solution. Give it a go and let us know if it helps.
match_rw_to_hy_mesh.png
match_rw_to_hy_mesh.rar
Cheers,

g-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies