Convert existing geometry to k_volumes or others

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
DragonsSpirit

Convert existing geometry to k_volumes or others

Post by DragonsSpirit » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:46 pm

The idea behind this would be: If I create cubes in RF for collision and stuff like that or to be static dummy objects, I often have to create K_Volumes around them. It would be awesome if there was like a menu which would simply (after hitting "ctrl + D") convert the new object to a K_Volume or whatever else. So that I would not have to create a new deamon, then enter the dimensions and positions and other parameters by hand. Would make things a lot more convenient sometimes. And it would work perfectly for Spheres and cubes...For any other type of shape, it would be awesome if a K_Volume would directly get the dimensions of the bounding box of an object (when using the "Fit to object" function". Often I have very heavy sims, and when particles go through the geometry I want them deleted and not existing for 10 frames. If they are millions, that kills time. And the automatic "Fit" - functions for K_Volumes are not accurate enough, they just make them too big. Sure, I can fix that manually, but when skripting to create k_volumes, it would be nice to have a more accurate size of the k_deamons.

thanks for reading :)