Grid Loader

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
DragonsSpirit

Grid Loader

Post by DragonsSpirit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:59 am

Is there any chance of getting a Loader-node for grid fluids, since exporting the grid emitter particles does not let me create secondary stuff with on-board tools? just like for the SPH emitters which can be loaded into any scene with a (n)binary loader?

Would help on some things! And likely be faster for previews (I find that taking a particle simulation into an empty scene will have the particles load pretty fast compared to original scene). I mostly do my previews like that, it really saves some time on very big scenes. So Id hope that a grid loader would be the same, and also, it could be a nice addition to scripting features in GB-stuff.

Nice day to u :D

FlorianK

Re: Grid Loader

Post by FlorianK » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:20 pm

DragonsSpirit wrote:Is there any chance of getting a Loader-node for grid fluids, since exporting the grid emitter particles does not let me create secondary stuff with on-board tools? just like for the SPH emitters which can be loaded into any scene with a (n)binary loader?
In fact, you can load different grid caches for different versions of your fluid. You just need to set up the links correctly in the Export Central. Another option might be exporting the grid fluid's emitter. This will export the grid's marker particles as BIN files. These files you can load into a BIN loader.
DragonsSpirit wrote: Would help on some things! And likely be faster for previews (I find that taking a particle simulation into an empty scene will have the particles load pretty fast compared to original scene). I mostly do my previews like that, it really saves some time on very big scenes. So Id hope that a grid loader would be the same, and also, it could be a nice addition to scripting features in GB-stuff.
Nice day to u :D
Have you ever tried exporting the grid with the Proxy option? Previews will be fast as hell.

DragonsSpirit

Re: Grid Loader

Post by DragonsSpirit » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:22 am

Hi...Thanks for the reply. Actually I used to have the export settings adjusted for the grid stuff in an empty scene and then updated the timeline cache. The problem simply is, if I want to alter the simulation, it will overwrite the original then. If there is any way to read the grid and make changes to it in the new scene, without overwriting the original, would be great.