Negative timeline and optional keyframing in cache mode

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
DragonsSpirit

Negative timeline and optional keyframing in cache mode

Post by DragonsSpirit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:33 am

Hi
It would be nice to have one of the following options, or both of them:

1) Manually define how many frames in the timeline are simulated in cache mode, while still simulating the actual timeline frames with keyframes and so on.

2) Negative timeline to have Cache mode enabled from frame -x to 0 and then automatically disabling/unlocking cache mode. It could help to save some time, certainly in rigid body stuff, where some keyframed objects have to interact with a simulation which does not run the way I want it in cache mode (when I want to create initial states for example) because the keyframes cannot be simulated with it. Same for fluids, and certainly there I would love to save some time on useless data output (if i want keyframed stuff, I need to run the sim unlocked). Dont really want to jump into "Export Central" every time that data output for presimulating initial states has to be disabled. Drives me nuts when I have many fluids.

Also, without a need of scripting, it would be damn nice to have trigger events like collisions or interactions which would unlock the timeline. Simulation settings and animations may change and evolve, so instead of having to test and tweak the frame offset all the time, it would be nice to have triggers.

gus
Site Admin

Re: Negative timeline and optional keyframing in cache mode

Post by gus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi,

All very nice and interesting features.
Will have a look and think about them for future version.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

g-)
...........Gus Sánchez-Pérez..........
RealFlow Product Manager
Next Limit Technologies

DragonsSpirit

Re: Negative timeline and optional keyframing in cache mode

Post by DragonsSpirit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 am

cool :D

nice day to you