Retime simulation result

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
ChrisC

Retime simulation result

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi - hopefully a simple request. Say I've got a cached simulation, 200 frames long, and I just want to play back frames 50-75, but stretched over 200frames. Something like a slow-mo splash, or water hit or similar. Ideally, I'd look for a 'frame offset' in the cache section, which I could animate to retime the simulation, then mesh and render the result.

To see a good example TurbulenceFD has this, it gives really nice control.

Cheers - Chris

LuisMiguel

Re: Retime simulation result

Post by LuisMiguel » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi Chris,

You have the option to retime only the desired frames by choosing the range in the retime tool. But I'd advice you to copy and paste those frames, from 50-75, in a new folder and next run RealFlow. Place a splash emitter, for example. It is going to be a loader for your particles. Next, rename the splash emitter to the name sequence. For example, if your particles name sequence is "particlesFree_00000.rpc", the splash must be renamed to "particlesFree". Then, in the export central change the path where the particles are going to be read. If you load the cache now and move the time line, you will be able to see the particles. Now you will be able to retime those particles regardless your original simulation to be focused only in that part of simulation.

luisM. ;)

ChrisC

Re: Retime simulation result

Post by ChrisC » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:09 am

LuisMiguel wrote:Hi Chris,

You have the option to retime only the desired frames by choosing the range in the retime tool. But I'd advice you to copy and paste those frames, from 50-75, in a new folder and next run RealFlow. Place a splash emitter, for example. It is going to be a loader for your particles. Next, rename the splash emitter to the name sequence. For example, if your particles name sequence is "particlesFree_00000.rpc", the splash must be renamed to "particlesFree". Then, in the export central change the path where the particles are going to be read. If you load the cache now and move the time line, you will be able to see the particles. Now you will be able to retime those particles regardless your original simulation to be focused only in that part of simulation.

luisM. ;)
Hey Luis - thanks for the answer, sorry about the delay getting back, I didn't realise there was a reply. I think your answer refers to Realflow application, am I right? So if I only own Realflow for Cinema4D, I don't have any options for retiming, or even export other than .rpc, which needs the RFConnect plugin... which is only available with RealFlow? So... am I out of luck?