RealWave combined with HYBRIDO

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
DragonsSpirit

RealWave combined with HYBRIDO

Post by DragonsSpirit » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm

When I was doin a project where multiple objects from space hit the sea surface, I was thinking about how great it could be to combine RealWave and the Grid-Solver with all HYBRIDO features. While RealWave is really great for making very large ocean surfaces in low time with good detail (also thanks to hypermesh), splashes do not look realistic in my opinion. The way the particles are spawned can just not compete with real simulated splashes like I get them, when a meteor falls into a particle-tank or a Gridsolver-based tank. But there is not always time to cover a large scene with a Domain and put it to good resolution. Also, compositing the splashes in is an option, but not flexible due to missing interaction of sea surface and objects (physical I mean).

So the idea was to have a tool which can integrate grid-domains to the RealWave object at all areas where big ships or other objects shall interact. That would allow for splashes with native foam and mist, while the foam can interact with RealWave if it passes the grid-domains walls. Also, real breaking waves around a ship would be awsome. The clue is that I cannot place a domain in RealWave and get proper interactions, because the RW surface blocks the grid surface and influences the objects. They shall only interact with grid while heavy movements like falling into the water or sinking or whatever, when things are calm, RealWave features are enough.

So if that would work, I could make BIG scenes where the ocean surface is one object and not a puzzle to be composited, I would have native foam and mist from splashes on the sea, and real, simulated splashes (objects drag a tunnel through surface when falling in, tunnel collapses and makes the splash). And it would be faster than covering the entire scene with a domain at good resolution, because only at places where needed, a domain is integrated. Surface of domain (displacement) should match the RealWave displacement.

atena
Site Admin

Re: RealWave combined with HYBRIDO

Post by atena » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Thank you very much for this suggestion, actually we have thought a lot about that issue and there are approaches that we need to research further. But the basic idea is to expand the grid domain out the area of interest using the realwave approach.

Thank you again for the suggestion.
Angel Tena
Head of RealFlow Technology
Next Limit Technologies

DragonsSpirit

Re: RealWave combined with HYBRIDO

Post by DragonsSpirit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey that sounds nice ;-) Really curious what it will finally be like.