Animation and FPS change

Is there anything that you would like to see in future versions of RealFlow?
FlorianK

Animation and FPS change

Post by FlorianK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:23 pm

If I change the FPS inside Realflow, the animations of objects I created inside Realflow also change to match the new FPS. Can I deactivate this anywhere?

I manually matched a container to a moving object with surface deformation, then I found the FPS to be wrong so I changed that. Now, the container I matchmvoved doesn't fit anymore and I am more than willing to throw stuff around here in the office.

Another thing:

Importing a scene that has e.g. 24 FPS via XML into an empty project that has 30FPS (because it is the default and it wasn't changed, yet) doesn't seem to change the project's FPS. That is also confusing and can be a source for errors. Either have the user confirm the framechange, print a warning that the scene has a different FPS...something. Anything else is no good idea.

LuisMiguel

Re: Animation and FPS change

Post by LuisMiguel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi Florian,

As you said, there are a couple of place to change the fps. From preferences you are changing the fps for all new scenes and from the simulation options you are changing the fps for the actual scene.
If you are changing the fps from simulation, it shouldn't affect to the objects. If you wanna make simulations changing the fps, you should do it from the simulation button because it is just for that scene.

I tried importing the xml and it is working for me as well. Maybe you are modifying the preferences fps?

luisM.