how to increase speed for which an obj gets filled with liquid

Post your RealFlow | Cinema 4D questions here.
Ghita Pedol

how to increase speed for which an obj gets filled with liquid

Post by Ghita Pedol » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a simulation where a liquid flows inside a pipe and falls inside a receiver tank, which then gets completely filled with the liquid.
My issue is that the liquid takes a very long time to fill the tank ( more than 6000 frames ).
I tried lowering the gravity force and also adding an attractor to the top of the tank to overcome my issue but I was not able to work a way around it.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Scott Frizzle

Re: how to increase speed for which an obj gets filled with liquid

Post by Scott Frizzle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Without actually seeing your file, here's a few ideas:

Use the SPH solver instead of PBD; it's much better for filling objects.

Increase the "Int Pressure" setting in the fluid, which will push the particles apart and fill a greater volume.

Add another emitter inside and towards the bottom of your container and set it to start emitting after it's covered by particles from the first emitter. This will hide the actual emission but will enable you to add as many particles to the sim as you need to fill your container in the desired time.

Use the Sheeter Daemon. This daemon tries to fill spaces between particles, thus adding a lot of particles to the sim depending on the settings. It can add a lot of realism too; creating nice thin sheets and tendrils of fluid. The downside is that it is fairly slow, especially when there are a lot of particles in the sim. I often activate the Use Age setting to limit how long the particles will be effected by the Sheeter Daemon.

Good luck!